Iliad Neurosciences provides a FRAT® Kit for your convenience.The FRAT® kit includes all that is necessary for a patient/physician to send in a sample. There is NO charge for the kit.
Either a Patient or Physician may order a FRAT® kit. Please note, however, that test results are sent to Physicians ONLY. If you are a Patient, please consult your Physician prior to ordering.
Blood Sample Collection and Shipping:
- Acceptable samples are whole blood, serum or heparin plasma.
- Draw 2–4 ml of blood into a red-top tube or SST tube (serum) or green top tube (heparin;plasma). Please note that the FRAT® kit contains SST tubes.
- If feasible: Remove red cells by centrifugation, transfer serum/plasma to clean tube and refrigerate (4°C) or freeze (-20°C) until time of shipping.
- If whole blood must be sent, collect into green top tube and ship the same day. Do NOT freeze whole blood.
- Ship stored serum/plasma with freezer packs. Ship whole blood at ambient temperature. If overnight shipment of serum/plasma is not possible or a lengthy transit time is anticipated, shipment with dry ice is recommended. Do NOT ship whole blood with dry ice.
- Ship all tubes as PRIORITY OVERNIGHT using FedEx or UPS for delivery weekdays. No weekend or holiday deliveries will be accepted.
- Minimum volume of serum or plasma acceptable is 1 ml (2 ml for whole blood).
- Please make sure that each sample is properly and securely labeled, including name (or ID) and date.
- Complete and include our FRAT® Laboratory Test Form with your shipment
Please ship to:
Iliad Neurosciences Inc.
5110 Campus Drive, Suite 150
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462 USA
The FRAT® Kit includes:
- Styrofoam Container
- Ice Pack
- 2 SST (Serum Separator Tubes) Collection Tubes
- Specimen bag with absorbent material
- Outer cardboard box for return shipment
- Instruction sheet
- Laboratory order form
The cost for the FRAT® is $200.00.
It includes both a blocking and binding assay. Please allow 6 to 10 business days for results.
The assays for binding and blocking antibodies to Folate Receptor A are NOT approved by the FDA and are Laboratory Derived Tests. While they have been shown in several studies (references available upon request) to be associated with transport problems of folate into tissues (mostly brain and placenta), they are not intended to be used to diagnose any particular medical disorder. More information is available upon request.
CLIA #: 39D2109943
A copy of the certificate is available by clicking